Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day One!!

How exciting! Me, the technologically challenged doing a blog!! Stay with me; it will be fun and informative and creative!!
I am Linnea, wife to Gary, and mother to Jimmy!
I love, love, love to sew. I've been sewing since I was 5 years old. I particularly love to quilt and machine quilting is my passion. It's what I think about when I go to sleep at night and what I think about when I get up in the morning. Thanks to my wonderful DH, and my father-in-law; I have a nice, well lit, warm studio that is 17' by 25'.
I spend all day out here, occasionally going in the house to check on my 93-year-old mother! But, believe me she really doesn't need checking! She vacuums the house, dusts, (thank goodness someone does!) does the dishes, folds clothes, and starts dinner for me! It is wonderful to have her with us. We are making memories together that I will cherish forever! Sometimes we do pick at each other, and my hubby gets mad; but I just tell him that's the mother/daughter thing!! And I really think it is!!

I entered a small quilt show this year for the first time. I've been quilting for almost 25 years and longarming for about 5 years. I won a BLUE RIBBON!!! After my initial shock I thought for sure they made a mistake and were going to call me back. Then I looked on the website; and there was MY name!!!! Holy quiltin, batman!! First place, small bed category!!


No comments:

Post a Comment